==== FREE Get Email Notices when new columns are posted ====
Journalists Ali Younes and Ray Hanania discuss the military coup that brought down Democracy in Egypt in this podcast discussion. Click here
Journalists Ali Younes and Ray Hanania discuss the military coup that brought an end to Democracy in Egypt in July 2013 and imprisoned Mohammed Morsi, the Democratically elected President of Egypt. More than 25 million Egyptians (1/3 of the country’s population and 80 percent of the registered voters) voted in the June 2012 elections that resulted in Morsi being elected. One year later, anti-Morsi activists staged massive protests and won the support of the Egyptian Military which had been battling with Morsi’s new government. The military stepped in amid the violent anti-Morsi protests and arrested Morsi and members of his government. The Egyptian military, which is subsidized with a $1.5 billion grant from the United States, appointed new cabinet members and an acting president that suited their political agenda, bringing to an end the failed Democracy experiment in Egypt. The United States, which has a law prohibiting it from funding military coups, has turned a blind eye and pretends that it is not a military coup, and Egyptian foes of Morsi claim they represent real Democracy. even though their movement is one based on violence and confrontation. Journalists Ali Younes and Ray Hanania discuss some of the issues in this audio podcast of All Things Arab. Visit the Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Things-Arab/176756549075946.
- Egypt proves Western Democracy doesn’t work in Arab World (rayhanania.com)
- The Democracy Abortion that Is Now Egypt (rayhanania.com)
- 556 Egyptian academics rebuff military coup (worldbulletin.net)
- Ray Hanania Video Commentary: Morsy and the struggle for Democracy in Egypt (rayhanania.com)
- Arab Spring brings uncertainty to Middle East Christians (rayhanania.com)
THIS POST HAS BEEN READ 3531 TIMES SO FAR. THANK YOU!
Latest posts by Ray Hanania (see all)
- New poll shows Lipinski leading in March 17 Congressional battle - January 25, 2020
- The media’s obsession with Mike Madigan - January 19, 2020
- Why Israel has an interest in a militant Iran - January 15, 2020